FIERCE AS FUCK
When you suddenly become chronically ill (or chronically awesome, as it will be known from here on in) life gets hard. Tough. Mentally exhausting. The one thing you want for on a daily basis is to be well again.
Some people are lucky enough to find something that works for them. Some are not. I changed my entire life and lifestyle to start getting my functions back. It was a long, hard slog. I’m not gonna lie, it was pretty fucking brutal.
BUT DID YOU DIE THOUGH?
A WHOLE YEAR ON…
I do, I have, I will, I am
After a year of pushing limits, stretching boundaries and teaching my body how to do stuff again I felt I was at a point where I could join the gym. I was able to do more stuff now, I needed to get stronger again. My body was a jelly mess and had been drained so badly. I needed some help. The next bit was something I couldn’t do on my own. I needed to be shown how to make my body healthy again. I’d not actually ever been to a gym properly before. I’d always given up when the going got tough. Not this time…
- I dropped a dress size (actually I dropped 2 and I am now smaller than I have been in 17 years!)
- I lost 6″ from my waist – I only wanted to lose 4″
- I lost 3lbs (but turned a fuckload of fat into muscle again)
- I ran on a treadmill (and smashed it every day – I ran until my knees were bruised and I had to stop) Turns out I love to run, who knew?
- Created a proper workout – smashed that daily too